Two dogs have been rescued from a burning Melbourne home and treated for smoke inhalation.
The Kingsville house was well alight on Saturday morning when firefighters spotted the two bulldog-crosses inside and rescued them.
An off-duty firefighter who had stopped to help out gave the dogs oxygen from the first aid kit.
The owner was away on a fishing trip and has been told about the $200,000 damage to his home.
The fire took half an hour to bring under control and the cause is thought to have been an electrical fault.